The ability to move freely may become more difficult as we age, affecting our ability to care for themselves. Some may be reluctant or too embarrassed to ask for help. St. Francis Healthcare System’s team of personal care attendants provides in-home bathing and personal care services for Hawaii’s kūpuna throughout Oahu. Our staff is trained to preserve the dignity of our kūpuna and help them maintain proper hygiene.
Personal Care Services
St. Francis Healthcare System offers the following services for older adults:
- Baths, showers and shampoos in bed, tub or shower
- Routine nail, skin and hair care
- Oral care
- Changing bed linens
Our Partnership with the City & County
Our bathing and personal care service is part of the Kūpuna Care Project, funded by the City & County of Honolulu’s Elderly Affairs Division, State of Hawaii’s Executive Office on Aging, St. Francis Healthcare System of Hawaii, and generous donors. Baths are provided at no charge; however, donations are welcome.
To qualify for the no-cost bathing services, you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal resident;
- Be 60 years old or older;
- Have limitations in activities of daily living;
- Be residing at home and not an institution;
- And not be covered by other comparable government or private and community-based services.
For more information, call 808-547-6121.